We are proud to announce that Lakes Boulevard Medical, Balwyn Central Medical and Heidelberg West Medical have been approved to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to eligible patients when they become available. The COVID-19 vaccination program at our clinics is yet to commence and our practices are working hard to facilitate COVID-19 vaccine enquiries and appointments. Currently, we have a number of enquiries and patients waiting to be allocated an appointment for this service. We thank you for your understanding with this matter. The expected roll out date for the vaccine at our clinics is March end to early to mid April with Phase 1b being the priority group.
Below is the eligibility criteria for Phase 1b:
● Elderly adults aged 80 years and over
● Elderly adults aged 70-79 years
● Other health care workers
● Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults over 55
● Adults with a specified medical condition
*People will need to provide proof of these conditions to demonstrate their eligibility for vaccination via My health record, a health professional referral if required or a declaration form.
● Adults with a disability who have a specified underlying medical condition
● Critical and high risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing
* Workers will need to provide proof of occupation to demonstrate their eligibility.
For more information please visit https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/getting-vaccinated-for-covid-19/when-will-i-get-a-covid-19-vaccine
We suggest booking an appointment with your GP, prior to your vaccine appointment, should you have any questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine.